HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Moving right along with the speed that 2016 came in and is now gone,
here we are at January 2017! I hope that everyone had the
opportunity to spend some quality time with Family and Friends.
Peggy and I traveled back to Virginia to do just that. We had a
great time, but after #7 days with the #3 Grand Kids, I’m ready for
a vacation of doing nothing and catching up on sleep! This is when
I feel my age. You know, 31 for the 39th time... wow, how did we
get to this age, so fast? But, you know it is great to “lock into”
so many of those memories and I’m sure like many of you, our
memories will run the spectrum from big smiles and tears of joy to
thoughts of despair and tears of sadness. Well, it is a new year
and time for us to enter this time frame with a smile and the joy in
our hearts and minds that we are going to achieve great things this
year. “Where there’s a will, there’s a way.” It is time to unlock
all of your potential. No reason to save any for another day or
make that statement: “some day I’ll...”
“One of the hardest things in life to learn is which bridge to cross
and which bridge to burn”; this bridge needs to be crossed for your
present and future sanity and future successes.
Henry Ford once said, “If you think you can do well in school,
you’re right. If you don’t think you can do well in school, you’re
I would submit to you that if we took the word “school” out from the
above script of Henry Ford and added the word “life” we would still
be correct. Just remember, responsibility for your life... is in
*Most important to me and my quality of life: “STAY MENTALLY,
PHYSICALLY, AND SPIRITUALLY FIT!”
• The Website For The “Fork” Home Page is: http://www.rizon.biz/Aragon/AragonHomePage.htm
if that doesn’t work for you, just contact me by e-mail:
firstname.lastname@example.org or phone
• The “Connections and Reconnections (C & R) Section”
- Connected or Reconnected with a Classmate or just want to contact
a Classmate, but don’t have any contact information? Contact me
(see above). This arena still remains robust. Let me know who you
have made C & R with.
• “Who Said That - Movie Quote Addition” (WST - MQA):
- the status of the Movie Quote remains a Block Buster!
DECEMBER’S QUOTE & ANSWER:
“CAN YOU FLY THIS PLANE AND LAND IT?”
“SURELY YOU CAN’T BE SERIOUS.” - “I AM SERIOUS.” AND DON’T CALL ME
THE ANSWER IS: “AIRPLANE” AND THE QUOTE WAS
SPOKEN BY “LESLIE NIELSEN.”
WE HAVE A NEW WINNER: RENEE (LEROY) OTTE.
JANUARY’S QUOTE: “THIS CROWD HAS GONE DEADLY
SILENT. CINDERELLA STORY. OUTTA NOWHERE. A FORMER GREENSKEEPER,
NOW, ABOUT TO BECOME THE MASTERS CHAMPION. IT LOOKS LIKE A MIRA...
IT’S IN THE HOLE! IT’S IN THE HOLE!
*REMEMBER YOU NEED THE NAME OF THE MOVIE AND THE NAME AND/OR NAMES
OF THE ACTOR(S) WHO SAID THE QUOTE. SEND YOUR ANSWER TO
•“The Bucket List (B/L) Challenge” - The B/L Remains On
took me up on a joint Bucket List Adventure! I thought for sure, you
would. I will have some new ideas for you in the February
Hooah, Hugs & “THINGS TO REMEMBER FOR 2017 & Longer” – Bob
A Preview Of The January Newsletter, “THINGS TO REMEMBER FOR 2017 &
#8 L & H’s
Contributed by Bob Graham (Some words of wisdom?)
• If you want your
dreams to come true, don’t oversleep.
• The smallest good deed is better than the grandest intention.
• Of all the things you wear, your - expression is the most
• The best vitamin for making friends...B1.
• The 10 commandments are not multiple choice.
• The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your
• Minds are like parachutes...they function only when open.
• Ideas won’t work unless YOU do.
• One thing you can’s recycle is wasted time.
• The heaviest thing to carry is a grudge.
• Don’t learn safety rules by accident.
• We lie the loudest when we lie to ourselves.
• Jumping to conclusions can be bad bad exercise.
• A turtle makes progress when it sticks it’s head out.
• One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.
• A friend walks in when everyone else walks out.
• The pursuit of happiness is the chase of a life time!
Months in 4 Minutes” #2
Contributed by Ted Dumke (Life... where it all started)
Memory... Where Are You?” #3
Contributed by Sharon (Freitas) Peros
(Okay, I’m walking into another room... I’m running out of rooms)
“I DON’T UNDERSTAND
HOW I CAN REMEMBER
EVERY WORD OF A
SONG FROM 1964,
BUT I CAN’T REMEMBER
WHY I WALKED INTO
“How To Maintain
A Healthy Level Of Insanity In Retirement” #4
Contributed by Ted Dumke & Gary Rocklage (Retirement and you!)
1. At lunch time, sit in your parked car with sun glasses on,
point a hair dryer at passing cars,
...........and watch them slow down!
2. On all your check stubs, write for marijuana!
3. Skip down the street rather than walk, and see how many
looks you get.
4. With a serious face, order a Diet Water whenever you go
out to eat.
5. Sing along at the Opera.
6. When the money comes out of the ATM, scream “I Won - I Won
- I Won!”
7. When leaving the Zoo, start running towards the car park,
yelling, “Run for your lives!
8. Tell your children over dinner, “Due to the economy, we
are going to have to let one of
9. Pick up a box of condoms at the pharmacy, go to the
counter and ask “Where is the
*** And the final way to keep a healthy level of insanity:
10. Go to a large Department Store Fitting room, drop your
drawers to your ankles and yell out
no paper in here!”
Contributed by Gary Rocklage (Funny stuff!)
• Venison for dinner again? Oh deer!
• How does Moses make tea? Hebrews it.
• England has no kidney bank, but it does have a Liverpool.
• I tried to catch some fog, but I mist.
• They told me I had type-A blood, but it was a typo.
• I changed my iPod's name to Titanic. It's syncing now.
• Jokes about German sausage are the wurst.
• I know a guy who's addicted to brake fluid, but he says he can
Stop any time.
• I stayed up all night to see where the sun went, and then it
dawned on me.
• This girl said she recognized me from the vegetarian club, but
I'd never met herbivore.
• When chemists die, they barium.
• I'm reading a book about anti-gravity. I just can't put it down.
• I did a theatrical performance about puns. It was a play on
• Why were the Indians here first? They had reservations.
• I didn't like my beard at first. Then it grew on me.
• Did you hear about the cross-eyed teacher who lost her job
Because she couldn't control her pupils?
• When you get a bladder infection, urine trouble.
• Broken pencils are pointless.
• What do you call a dinosaur with an extensive vocabulary? A
• I dropped out of communism class because of terrible Marx.
• I got a job at a bakery because I kneaded dough.
• Velcro - what a rip off!
• Don’t worry about old age; it doesn’t last.
Few Laughs For Today” #6 Contributed by Bonita Beck
(Something else to remember - with a smile!)
1964 Ford Mustang
Legos” #7 Contributed by Gavin Graham (I need more legos to complete my
And Hugs In A Uniform”
#8 Contributed by Bob Graham (Our families in uniform -
disregard the “donate” at the end, unless you would like to
Hippie Songs Of Our Time”
#9 Contributed by Charlene (Wiper) Swenson (Do you
remember these sights and sounds?)
#10 Most Awesome First Singing Auditions Ever!” #10
Contributed by Linda (Wanke) Rapp (Outstanding! Be ready for these
“Income Taxes For
Contributed by Bob Graham
(Many things are changing and will continue to change, early on
in 2017! On a personal note, I usually do my taxes early in
January. I have talked with my tax consulates and their advice is
to “wait out,” until about the beginning of March to file. This way
they will have many of the new changes from the new officials in
D.C. and will keep you from having to resubmit at a later time.)
*1. Tax Day is April 18.
2. Tax penalties related to Obamacare are going up again.
3. Tax brackets are rising slightly.
4. Standard deductions are going up for head-of-household filers.
5. Personal exemptions are rising.
6. Contribution limits on health savings accounts are going up.
7. The Earned Income Credit is rising.
8. The exemption from AMT is higher.
9. The estate tax exemption is heading upward.
10. Other tax provisions could change if not renewed.
*The regular tax return filing deadline is April 15. However, due to
April 15 being on a Saturday and the Washington D.C. Emancipation
Day holiday being observed on April 17 instead of April 16, 2017,
Tax Day is on the following Tuesday.
*CHECK OUT THE FOLLOWING FOR MORE DETAILED INFORMATION:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND ANNIVERSARY TO ALL JANUARY CLASSMATES
JANUARY (THE “START UP” MONTH FOR 2017) - DATES TO REMEMBER:
1---New Year's Day.
2---Run up the Flagpole and See if Anyone Salutes Day.
3---Festival of Sleep Day - Fruitcake Toss Day - Humiliation Day.
4---National Spaghetti Day - Trivia Day.
5---National Bird Day.
6---Bean Day - Cuddle Up Day.
7---Old Rock Day.
8---Bubble Bath Day - Male Watcher's Day.
9---Play God Day.
10---Houseplant Appreciation Day - Peculiar People Day.
11---Step in a Puddle and Splash Your Friend's Day.
12---Feast of Fabulous Wild Men Day - National Pharmacist Day.
13---Friday the 13th - International Skeptics Day - Make Your Dream
Come True Day.
14---Dress Up Your Pet Day.
15---National Hat Day.
16---Appreciate a Dragon Day - Martin Luther King Jr. Birthday,
celebrated on the third Monday - National Nothing Day.
17---Ditch New Years Resolutions Day.
18---Thesaurus Day - Winnie the Pooh Day, The Birthday of Winnie's
author A.A. Milne.
19---National Popcorn Day.
20---National Buttercrunch Day - Penguin Awareness Day.
21---National Hugging Day - Squirrel Appreciation Day.
22---National Blonde Brownie Day.
23---National Pie Day - National Handwriting Day - Measure Your Feet
24---Beer Can Appreciation Day - Compliment Day.
27---Chocolate Cake Day - Punch the Clock Day.
28---Chinese New Years, date varies - Data Privacy Day - Fun at Work
Day - National Kazoo Day.
29---National Puzzle Day - National Cornchip Day.
30---Bubble Wrap Appreciation Day - National Inane Answering Message
31---Backward Day - Inspire Your Heart with Art Day.
Thank You Classmates for continuing to support your monthly
Newsletter. I hope everyone enjoyed their December Holidays and
wishing you all a very Happy New Year. Hooah, Hugs - Take Care and
Stay Safe. We will all reconnect again in February, 2017.
Your Classmate, Bob